[Olsr-dev] olsr strange behaving / nearly no outgoing packets / patched olsrd

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Fri Jun 29 15:40:44 CEST 2012

What do you think about the suggestion I made last week?

Fork "stable branch" into the master one (and keep the master
somewhere else as an archive), then use the stable branch just to
collect/cherry-pick fixes until we have the next "release" ?

Henning

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 3:20 PM, Markus Kittenberger
<(spam-protected)> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 1:18 PM, ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto)
> <(spam-protected)> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Bastian is right.
>>
>> If OpenWRT project cherry picks our patches from stable branch that
>> must urgently applied to stable, we cannot refuse to support users who
>> use the OpenWRT version.
>
> imho we could,.. #1
>
> as its the cherrypickers job to support his selection..
>
> but honestly why do we really talk about this,..
> most of us will support (and help debugging them if needed) openwrt versions
> of olsrd anyways.
> even if we would like to have them without any patches,..
>
> and just will try again next release to reach this state,..
>
> Markus
>
> #1 as we could also decide not to support our own releases, on all weekdays
> except thurdays.

Steven Hawkings about cosmic inflation: "An increase of billions of
billions of percent in a tiny fraction of a second. Of course, that
was before the present government."