[Olsr-dev] does the current Debian olsrd.conf work with a mesh?

Teco Boot (spam-protected)
Thu Jun 28 07:48:43 CEST 2012

Op 28 jun. 2012, om 07:32 heeft Henning Rogge het volgende geschreven:

> On 06/28/2012 01:40 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>
>> I'm currently working on getting the olsrd package in Debian to as easy
>> as possible to connect to an existing mesh.  Does the current olsrd.conf
>> connect to any existing widespread meshes?  If so, I'll leave the
>> LinkQuality settings the same.  Otherwise, since I'm working a lot with
>> commotionwirless.net, I'd set up the default olsrd.conf to connect to
>> commotionwireless.net.
>>
>> On a related note, it would be very nice to have a config file in
>> olsrd/files for each of the big mesh networks (funkfeuer, freifunk,
>> guifi.net, etc.)  That would make it much easier for people to connect
>> to them.  The new version of the olsrd Debian package now includes
>> files/olsrd.conf.* in /usr/share/doc/olsrd/examples.
>
> Just put in the necessary values... interface names and the plugins. That should be enough for 99% of the mesh networks out there and should work well for stationary city meshs. If you want to be sure that you don't get in trouble with subnetworks, add the "IPv4Broadcast 255.255.255.255" to the interface section too.

How can an installer know which interface is used for OLSR? Adding all is a bit to much, I think.

For starters, a config script would be nice. Not all can handle vi.

Teco