[Olsr-dev] compiler warnings for regex on Android-only

Sven-Ola Tuecke (spam-protected)
Thu Jun 21 08:10:52 CEST 2012

Moins,

thats not possible without tricks. AFAICR my last Add-Market-to-nonapproved-rooted-Android session includes fiddeling with a system property named "fingerprint" to convince the market appstack that it runs on an approved device. E.g. you need to identify a fake-HTC by comparing fingerprint with hardware found on device (has GSM? RAM=512?) which introduces decent amount of extra work just for getting the statistics right.

// Sven-Ola

Henning Rogge <(spam-protected)> schrieb:

On 06/20/2012 10:15 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> That is 25% of existing Google-approved devices:
>
> "The following pie chart and table is based on the number of Android
> devices that have accessed Google Play within a 14-day period ending on
> the data collection date noted below."
>
> There are many Android devices out there that are not Google-approved
> and don't use the Google Play/Marketplace. We definitely want to
> support those as well as Google-approved devices.

I think most of them are the Amazon tablets...

I am curious, do you have some data how many "non-Google" Androids are
out there which can be rooted but have no custom firmware upgrade?

Henning Rogge

--
Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE