[Olsr-dev] compiler warnings for regex on Android-only

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Wed Jun 20 22:03:40 CEST 2012

Android 2.2 and earlier is ~ 25% of the existing devices.
(source https://developer.android.com/resources/dashboard/platform-versions.html)

Even the Google G1 can run Android 2.3.

Henning Rogge

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 7:13 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner
<(spam-protected)> wrote:

> We want to support older versions of android as well.  Android 2.3 and
> newer only covers about 50% of android devices out there.
>
> .hc
>
> On 06/20/2012 01:03 PM, Henning Rogge wrote:
>> Do we even need this regex library anymore? More recent (Android 2.3 I
>> think) NDKs should contain the regex code that was missing earlier.
>>
>> Henning
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 6:34 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner
>> <(spam-protected)> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hey Ferry,
>>>
>>> While I normally am a big believer in fixing compiler warnings, there
>>> are good times to leave them alone.  The regex code included only for
>>> Android is one of them.  That code is old, a bit weird, super stable,
>>> well tested, and working perfectly.  Yes, it makes lots of compiler
>>> warnings, but it has been that way since 1994, and its included that way
>>> in Android, OpenBSD, etc.
>>>
>>> Please revert your changes to android/regex*
>>>
>>> .hc
>>>
>>> --

Steven Hawkings about cosmic inflation: "An increase of billions of
billions of percent in a tiny fraction of a second. Of course, that
was before the present government."