[Olsr-dev] included nmealib and wireformat libs installing headers?

Ferry Huberts (spam-protected)
Fri Jun 8 10:35:52 CEST 2012

On 08-06-12 02:23, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Hey Ferry,
>
> I just pulled and was looking through your commits.  I noticed that the
> pud plugin is now installing the headers from the embedded nmealib and
> wireformat libraries.  Since these are both externally maintained

AFAIK the are not installing headers. Header installation is a separate
target that is not called anywhere in the olsr build

> libraries, people who need their headers should get them from those

nmealib is externally maintained, wireformat is not since it needs olsr
headers, and olsr has no headers installation

> packages directly, not from olsrd.
>
> One problem that this causes is that for Debian, Fedora, etc. the pud
> Makefile will have to be changed to not install those headers because
> they will conflict with the headers from the Debian versions of those
> libraries.

no changes needed

> Its one thing to embed these libraries for olsrd-internal use, but I
> don't think olsrd should be the installer for nmealib and wireformat.
> Since olsrd currently installs no headers, I can't see a need for
> nmealib and wireformat to install their headers.

see above

(did you try an installation??)

--
Ferry Huberts