[Olsr-dev] UUID plugin

Hans-Christoph Steiner (spam-protected)
Mon Jun 4 22:17:16 CEST 2012

I've been trying to think of a good way to track a given olsrd instance when doing large scale monitoring of a network.  The idea is for use in test networks and debug setups rather than day to day use. Things like IP and MAC addresses can change, and given some of the privacy goals of Commotion and the Guardian Project, we will have setups that frequently change both the IP and MAC.

So I was thinking there could be a plugin that generates a UUID (universally unique ID, basically a giant random number) and saves it to a file.  If that is loaded, things like jsoninfo would then output the UUID info.

How does that sound?

.hc