[Olsr-dev] json & defines

Hans-Christoph Steiner (spam-protected)
Tue Jul 31 16:59:10 CEST 2012

On Jul 31, 2012, at 10:27 AM, Ferry Huberts wrote:

> On 31-07-12 16:21, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

>>> I'll ask again: Please conform to that.
>>

>> If its an issue, I can maintain my plugin in a separate git repo.
>>

> What's with the threats??
>
> We appreciate _everyone_ that works upstream.
> And yes, working upstream requires a bit more effort. And yes, it requires you to adapt to upstream conventions, even if you don't agree with those.
>
> I agree with you on this issue but it's against upstream conventions. We want to keep the codebase as uniform as we can. Please be a teamplayer.

It was not a threat, it was an honest offer.  There seems to be many undocumented requirements that come up that I have neither the time nor interest in maintaining.  I don't want to be a burden on others, and we're talking about a plugin, not core development, so that's why I offer to move it outside of olsrd.git, which y'all are free to pull from.

.hc