[Olsr-dev] Little change to olsr core

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Thu Jul 26 20:08:41 CEST 2012

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 5:24 PM, Teco Boot <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Responding somewhat late....
>
> I'm concerned on manipulating ETX. Nodes exchange LQ / NLQ and calculate ETX. If a node has a configured ETX that differs from what can be distilled from packets seen over wire / ether, it could be harmful. Instead, you could use an LQ configuration, still in its current range (0,255). This results in symmetric ETX
>
> MPR is already broken, but this should be repaired. I hope you don't bring up more obstacles.
>
> Using LQ multipliers would have my preference. What is the shortcoming? Can it be improved?

If the node only manipulates the LQ it puts into its hellos (and still
combine it with the LQ it got from its neighbor), then in theory the
thing should be stable.

But I am still not completely sure about the use case.

@Saverio: why is the LQ multiplier not enough?

Steven Hawkings about cosmic inflation: "An increase of billions of
billions of percent in a tiny fraction of a second. Of course, that
was before the present government."