[Olsr-dev] ninux architecture and smartgateway Was: Question on RtTable and RtTableDefault

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Wed Jul 25 16:20:56 CEST 2012

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 4:12 PM, ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto)
<(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I changed the subject of the email because the question is not really
> related to the original subject.
>
> I have to say that ad Ninux we never used SmartGateway so we dont have
> a lot of experience with it.
>
> We don't use SmartGateway because:
> 1) we never experienced gateway flapping
> 2) we want to avoid tunneling (especially asymmetric)
> 3) we developed our own solution to static routes blackholing
> https://github.com/ninuxorg/misc_tools/tree/master/adsl_check
>
> However as far I understand our architecture can be extended easily
> with SmartGateway. What is not completely clear to me is if nodes with
> SmartGateway enabled and disabled can work together in the same OLSR
> network.

SmartGW Nodes should be totally transparent.

SmartGW-Uplinks announce their presence within the 0.0.0.0/0 HNA.
SmartGW-Clients detect them and connect to them with an asymmetric
tunnel.

Steven Hawkings about cosmic inflation: "An increase of billions of
billions of percent in a tiny fraction of a second. Of course, that
was before the present government."