[Olsr-dev] please revert " force copy the olsrd.conf file during install"

Ferry Huberts (spam-protected)
Wed Jul 4 23:16:05 CEST 2012

On 04-07-12 22:23, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> On Jul 4, 2012, at 3:15 PM, Ferry Huberts wrote:
>

>> On 04-07-12 11:51, Vasilis Tsiligiannis wrote:
>>> Στις Τετ 04 Ιουλ 2012 09:07:51 ZioPRoTo έγραψε:
>>>
>>> Hi Saverio,
>>>
>>> This is not a problem. The packaging of the files is performed at
>>> a later stage. Just "fish" the files from PKG_INSTALL_DIR instead
>>> of PKG_BUILD_DIR.
>>>
>>> One problem with using the upstream 'make install{,_libs}' is the
>>> hardcoded use of host 'strip' for striping the object files. It
>>> should be wrapped into a variable which will allow it to be
>>> overriden in the OpenWrt makefile.
>>
>> Please enlighten me,
>>
>> Why would you not want to strip when building without debug?
>
> Because then you don't need to have a separate debug mode.  If the
> software can be built and run in place, i.e. run ./olsrd in the
> source tree after its built, then you can debug it without
> installing.  I do this all the time, setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH or using
> symlinks to load plugins.

yes. I do that too.
However, I don't debug a no-debug build and I bet you don't either...

Distribution / release builds should use 'make DEBUG=0 install'.

So, any other answer?

--
Ferry Huberts