[Olsr-dev] please revert " force copy the olsrd.conf file during install"

Hans-Christoph Steiner (spam-protected)
Wed Jul 4 20:50:12 CEST 2012

On Jul 4, 2012, at 5:51 AM, Vasilis Tsiligiannis wrote:

> Στις Τετ 04 Ιουλ 2012 09:07:51 ZioPRoTo έγραψε:
>> the upstream make install will install olsrd and plugins at once.
>> Instead OpenWRT packages each plugin in a separate ipkg, so I think it
>> is impossible to use the upstream make install.
>
> Hi Saverio,
>
> This is not a problem. The packaging of the files is performed at a later
> stage. Just "fish" the files from PKG_INSTALL_DIR instead of PKG_BUILD_DIR.
>
> One problem with using the upstream 'make install{,_libs}' is the hardcoded
> use of host 'strip' for striping the object files. It should be wrapped into a
> variable which will allow it to be overriden in the OpenWrt makefile.

That's a good point.  If the stripping was removed from the Makefiles, andthe  $(INSTALL) variable used throughout, then stripping would be off by default and could be enabled by setting INSTALL="install -s".  Stripping should generally happen at install time anyway.

.hc