[Olsr-dev] please revert " force copy the olsrd.conf file during install"

ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto) (spam-protected)
Wed Jul 4 09:07:51 CEST 2012

> Apparently it was once intended to reuse upstream make install to
> install binaries, shared files and shared objects into a staging
> prefix but it looks like the rest of the Makefile still uses the "fish
> interesting files out of random build dir locations"-approach...
>
> So the Build/Install step is indeed unneeded and the PKG_INSTALL:=1 as
> well.

Hello,

I did a test on changing the make file to use the upstream make
install to install binaries.

I understood why the current implementation is :  "fish interesting
files out of random build dir locations"

the upstream make install will install olsrd and plugins at once.
Instead OpenWRT packages each plugin in a separate ipkg, so I think it
is impossible to use the upstream make install.

do you agree if I commit to the OpenWRT svn the attached patch ?

Saverio