[Olsr-dev] processing for submitting patches

Hans-Christoph Steiner (spam-protected)
Tue Jan 31 21:09:20 CET 2012

On 01/31/2012 02:24 PM, Ferry Huberts wrote:

> On 31-01-12 19:54, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>
>> I'm going to have some patches available soon, mostly fixes for getting
>> things working well on Android.  I'm wondering what the process is for
>> submitting patches to olsrd.  Is there a bug/patch tracker?
>>

> please check olsr.org first... : http://olsr.org/bugs/my_view_page.php
> (and other pages)
>

> There is this mailing list to get your patches reviewed.
>
> Please use git send-email and have your patches rebased off of the
> latest stable or master (whichever branch you're using)

I just realized I've never introduced myself on any olsr list.  I'm
working on the Commotion project as part of the Guardian Project, based
in New York City.  I've talked with Aaron Kaplan during the Commotion
meeting, and I've run into a couple other funkfeuer people in my trips
to Vienna, Linz, etc.  For Commotion, I'm tasked with making olsrd
easily to build and run on Android, then writing a native Android olsrd
manager app.  So you'll be hearing from me a lot these days :-)

Here's my first patch submission, its a small GUI build fix:
http://olsr.org/bugs/view.php?id=23

I'm up for organizing my git workflow however it works best for the
oslrd process. I've started working off of 'stable', since it seems to
be far ahead of 'master'.  I don't really understand all the branches,
but 'stable' makes sense :). I've made my own git repo to track these
changes and let me easily rebase, following a simplified
"Integration-Manager Workflow":
http://progit.org/book/ch5-1.html

My repo is here:
https://github.com/guardianproject/olsrd

Here's how I mapped the branches:
olsr.org     Commotion/Guardian Project
stable  -->  master
master  -->  upstream_master
             android-patches (where my Commotion work is done)

.hc