[Olsr-dev] About RSSI using / better minstrel

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Thu Jan 5 13:59:14 CET 2012

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 13:08, Bastian Bittorf <(spam-protected)> wrote:
>> I think you can get the RSSI value of incoming traffic (unicast
>> and
>> broadcast) by station if you use netlink code and nl80211.
>
> in chat mr. 'minstrel' fietkau pointed out, that there is no API
> at the very moment for getting data from minstrel which should
> change soon.
Yes. But there is an API to get the RSSI and "current transmission
speed". Unless they ripped it out again, because I did the patch for
linux to put them in.

Using the "goodput" value would be better of course.

"Wo kämen wir hin, wenn alle sagten, wo kämem wir hin, und niemand
ginge, um einmal zu schauen, wohin man käme, wenn man ginge." (Kurt
Marti)