[Olsr-dev] no interfaces detected / 0.6.2 / arch: atheros

Markus Kittenberger (spam-protected)
Thu Jan 5 10:42:13 CET 2012

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 8:55 PM, Ferry Huberts <(spam-protected)> wrote:

> On 04-01-12 19:08, Jo-Philipp Wich wrote:
>
>> why haven't these patches been sent upstream?
>>>

>> Because both aren't applicable for general OLSR use cases.
>>
> olsrd has dozens of features of this category,.. (-;

imho the main reason why most openwrt patches never make upstream, is
because noone ever wanted to talk with olsr-devs about them,.

> the '100' patch is, but in a slightly different form.

hmm could someone post a link or the sourcecode of this patch?
(or just push it to our repo, its public writeable (-;)

the point of that patch is to not destroy the forward setting.

"forward setting" == /proc/sys/net/net/ipv4/ip_forward ?

afair olsrd reads in such (and other kernel setting it changes) on startup
and restores them back on (a clean) exit.

upstream olsr should have something like that: 'get fwd setting, if not
> fwd-ia ng then set fwd-ing' and at the end: 'restore fwd-ing'

lg Markus