[Olsr-dev] no interfaces detected / 0.6.2 / arch: atheros

Markus Kittenberger (spam-protected)
Wed Jan 4 16:30:34 CET 2012

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 3:57 PM, Bastian Bittorf <(spam-protected)>wrote:

> hi,
>
> on openwrt-trunk i'am using a selfcompiled
> "0.6.2-git_bfd5f10-hash_8230cbb65b969a0b57c21fc615314f69"
> on platform atheros (two of ubnt Picostation5).
>
> i fiddled a while, till i unterstood, that the daemon exits after
> some seconds without detecting any interfaces.
> Enforcing 'AllowNoInt' leaves the daemon running,
> but it does'nt change anything ofcourse.

whithout interfaces, ther is nothing to do,..

(but if they come back, they should get detected,..)

> tcpdump show no incoming and no outgoing traffic.
> after searching the git-repo, i could not found some of
> the hash's i can see with --version. why?

cause the olsrd in openwrt is patched,..

> IMHO there was a regression with the interface detection.

u mean olsrd does not detect new interfaces anymore?