[Olsr-dev] olsrd on batteries WAS: changing 'linux' macro to __linux__ or __gnu_linux__

Markus Kittenberger (spam-protected)
Sat Feb 4 11:26:19 CET 2012

On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 10:58 AM, Henning Rogge <(spam-protected)>wrote:

> Its all about the number of packets transmitted, so I assume this
> number should be possible with OLSRd too.

or maybe even some minutes more,.. (-;

as afair oslrd sent the least packets, and had the least cpu load, in e.g.
last battlemeshes, which tested and compared this and other things,..
(with default configurations of batman,bmx,babel and oslrd)

biggest power-consumptino issue is likely that adhoc mode usually has none
or not very good power-save features.

as ~ 500mW is very likely the wifi-always on (and cpu-idling)
power-consumption of this phone.

while in comparition, wifi-voip phones where afair (2 years ago!) possible
with ~ 10mW power consumption, during a call!

and they would imho have a compareable datarate/cpuload to an idling node
of a small mesh network

so in theory, wifi-mesh standby time could be somewhat (without user data
forward) similar to gsm/umts standby times.

Markus