[Olsr-dev] processing for submitting patches

Hans-Christoph Steiner (spam-protected)
Fri Feb 3 22:52:33 CET 2012

On 02/02/2012 02:49 AM, Henning Rogge wrote:
> On 02/02/2012 12:04 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>
>> On 02/01/2012 05:17 PM, Jeremy Lakeman wrote:
>>> The Serval Project already compiles a older version of olsrd for
>>> android. That was actually pretty easy. I managed to get it working in
>>> a day at the Commotion kick off last June. However, getting phones
>>> into adhoc mode is hard.
>>
>> My goal is to get the whole process pretty easy on Android, getting
>> things building easily is just the first step.  The idea is that anyone
>> can just get the source code and run "make OS=android NDK_ROOT=/foo" and
>> have a working olsrd for Android.  What was there was pretty close to
>> that.
> I am working on a CMake based system that can easily run for Android
> too. But that will only come for the next generation of OLSRd.

Just curios, why cmake?  I haven't really used it mostly because the
cross-platform builds I've worked on.  I want Windows and Mac OS X users
to have to install as little as possible to make a build.  GNU make,
autoconf, and automake come built into Mac OS X and are easily
installable with MinGW or Cygwin.

I think that olsrd could probably be built using only GNU make on all
platforms.  For example, I wrote this Makefile for Pure Data libraries
which works for GNU/Linux, GNU, GNU/kFreeBSD, Mac OS X, iOS, Android,
MinGW, and Cygwin:

http://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pure-data/trunk/externals/template/Makefile?revision=HEAD&view=markup

.hc