[Olsr-dev] Repository conversion finished

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Thu Aug 16 08:06:09 CEST 2012

On 08/16/2012 12:58 AM, Jeremy Lakeman wrote:
> Sure if work is done first on the master branch, you can cherry-pick
> it back to release.
>
> But if you build a patch specifically for a release branch, you could
> merge the fix into master. That way you can easily see from the log
> that there is no work missing from the master branch that could cause
> a regression in the next release.
>
> Either way we need to be consistent.

I would prefer fixing things in the Master branch and then
cherry-picking them to the release branch. If we find a bug in a release
branch that is already fixed in Master, we should look how the hell that
happened and refer to the commit in Master that fixed the problem and
cannot be cherry-picked.

Which also means that people should NOT mix bugfixing and new features
in the same commit in Master.

Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE
Kommunikationssysteme (KOM)
Neuenahrer Straße 20, 53343 Wachtberg, Germany
Telefon +49 228 9435-961,   Fax +49 228 9435 685
mailto:(spam-protected) http://www.fkie.fraunhofer.de
GPG: E1C6 0914 490B 3909 D944 F80D 4487 C67C 55EC CFE0