[Olsr-dev] dynamic runtime config of olsrd

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Thu Apr 12 07:25:26 CEST 2012

On 04/12/2012 04:26 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> I'm wondering what's the best example for dynamic configuration of
> olsrd? The only example I could find is the httpinfo ADMIN_INTERFACE,
> which  seems to have been abandoned years ago.
Yes, the HTTPINFO plugin in general and especially the admin interface
is in a really bad shape because nobody used it for years. It cannot
handle multiple concurrent accesses well, it consumes quite a lot of
memory and the its not that useful.

> Is anyone doing dynamic configuration of olsrd at runtime?  Is this
> not at all useful?
At the moment OLSRd (neither stable nor development branch) is prepared
for any kind of configuration change during runtime. The only thing that
is dynamic is the IPs of the interfaces, which are scanned by OLSRd
during runtime.

The new OLSRd (v2) I am working on should resolve the problem, but doing
it for the current one will be quite a lot of work.

Henning Rogge

--
Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE