[Olsr-dev] change to olsr_rt_flags() function in BSD but not Linux in stable branch

Markus Kittenberger (spam-protected)
Fri Apr 6 08:50:12 CEST 2012

thx for the reminder,..
but my patch never was a build break, as it already did not compile without
-D LINUX_NETLINK_ROUTING

but i/we should really either remove kernel_routes_ioctl.c or fix it.
(could push a fix, but will NOT do so,..)
but i still think removing it makes more sense.

as imho, the non netlink code likely did not work since a long time (and
like the bsd code, it should have issues due to the wrong flags set in
olsr_rt_flags())

furthermore even with a fixed kernel_routes_ioctl.c olsrd did not compile
without -D LINUX_NETLINK_ROUTING

as e.g. the smartgateway code in not only within #ifdef
LINUX_NETLINK_ROUTING
therefore since olsrd 0.6.0 olsrd did not compile without
LINUX_NETLINK_ROUTING

while this was easy fixable too, and i could compile and run it, txtinfo
did not work (or it crashes olsrd once he tries to load it) too.
furthermore it would now make sense to test the ioctl routing code, for
several issues we only fixed for netlink,..

so i finally decided (with henning) NOT to fix it, as he will remove
linux_ioctl stuff prior to olsrd 0.6.3 release,.. ( thx Henning! )

Markus

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 7:56 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <
(spam-protected)> wrote:

> I just noticed something while rebasing my patches against the HEAD of
> stable.  In the commit called "fix bsd RTM_GATEWAY routing flags detection"
> by Markus Kittenberger (66dcc5f8e3da8084cef0fcec3a4580d47b90f593), the
> function olsr_rt_flags() was changed to have a second parameter:
>
>  olsr_rt_flags(const struct rt_entry *, int add);
>
> This change was made in src/process_routes.h,  src/process_routes.c, and
> src/bsd/kernel_routes.c but was not made in
> src/linux/kernel_routes_ioctl.c.  Yet, olsrd seems to build and run fine.
>  My guess is that src/linux/kernel_routes_ioctl.c is not used at all, even
> though its being included it the build.

it is only used if one want olsrd without netlink for linux,..

and yes either i should change kernel_routes_ioctl.c (as i already promised)
or remove it,..