[Olsr-dev] website as wiki?

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Fri Apr 6 08:13:56 CEST 2012

I think moving to a wiki is a good idea, but we should use mediawiki.
Many people have already worked a bit with Wikipedia, so they are used
to its look and its syntax.

Henning

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 03:48, Hans-Christoph Steiner
<(spam-protected)> wrote:

> On Apr 5, 2012, at 6:22 PM, L. Aaron Kaplan wrote:
>

>> On Apr 5, 2012, at 10:43 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>

>>> Any chance of getting at least parts of the olsr.org website as a wiki or something like that?  I would love to update the "Nightly Builds" and "olsr on android" as I am working.
>>>

>> Yup we could think of that.
>> The only thing I am worried about is who is going to transfer the legacy articles to any new site>?
>
> I'd contribute some.  If you use a wiki that supports HTML (which is most of the good ones), then its mostly just copy-n-paste until someone wants to update a page.
>
> There doesn't seem to be that many, plus they can stay in place as things are updated.  For example, if mediawiki is installed into olsr.org/wiki/ in the standard fashion, that leaves everything else untouched.
>
> I'm a fan of pmwiki and mediawiki.  pmwiki is probably the simplest and most appropriate here.
>
> .hc
>

>>> For example, there are now nightly builds of Commotion Android olsrd branch, and the rapidly developing OLSR-Wifi-Tether Android app.
>>
>> Nice!
>> Should definitely be included there.
>>
>> a.

Steven Hawkings about cosmic inflation: "An increase of billions of
billions of percent in a tiny fraction of a second. Of course, that
was before the present government."