[Olsr-dev] website as wiki?

Hans-Christoph Steiner (spam-protected)
Fri Apr 6 03:48:28 CEST 2012

On Apr 5, 2012, at 6:22 PM, L. Aaron Kaplan wrote:

> On Apr 5, 2012, at 10:43 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>

>> Any chance of getting at least parts of the olsr.org website as a wiki or something like that?  I would love to update the "Nightly Builds" and "olsr on android" as I am working.
>>

> Yup we could think of that.
> The only thing I am worried about is who is going to transfer the legacy articles to any new site>?

I'd contribute some.  If you use a wiki that supports HTML (which is most of the good ones), then its mostly just copy-n-paste until someone wants to update a page.

There doesn't seem to be that many, plus they can stay in place as things are updated.  For example, if mediawiki is installed into olsr.org/wiki/ in the standard fashion, that leaves everything else untouched.

I'm a fan of pmwiki and mediawiki.  pmwiki is probably the simplest and most appropriate here.

.hc