[Olsr-dev] HNA wish lists

ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto) (spam-protected)
Wed Oct 12 14:34:50 CEST 2011

Hello,

reading some emails on the olsrd-users gave me this idea.

now we configure HNA globally, so each configured prefix is announced
regardless of the state of the interfaces. Some special exception
there are for the default route if the dyn-gateway plugin is involved

what about configure an HNA prefix in the Interface section of the
configuration file ? Of course I want to announce that prefix only if
the destination is really reachable. If my ethernet interface is
offline there is no reason to announce that HNA.

also we could also do not bind this to interface status, but just
check if what we are announcing is reachable. Note that something very
similar is done by BGP (a BGP router will not announce a network that
is unreachable for himself).

if this feature is good to everyone we could put it into the roadmap.

my 2 cents

Saverio