[Olsr-dev] Meshing over VPNs

Manuel Munz (spam-protected)
Mon Oct 10 00:15:31 CEST 2011

> Hello,
>
> at Ninux we have the same setup. Some nodes of the OLSR network have a
> VPN interface done with tinc-vpn. We used as last resort if some links
> fail, like an OOB access.
>
> in the VPN subnet, OLSR see a full mesh of connections among the vpn nodes
>
> to prefer wireless links instead of VPN we used LinkQualityMult
> configured with 0.2
>
> I dont understand what feature the plugin adds. I cannot achieve the
> same thing configuring olsrd.conf in the VPN nodes with the required
> LinkQualityMult ?
>
> thanks for clarification
>
> Saverio :)

Hi Saverio and everyone else with this problem,

i think the solution to this problem is much simpler, use these 3
options within tinc.conf:

TunnelServer = yes
DirectOnly = yes
Forwarding = off

This way only direct links will get broadcasts from olsr. Its running
like this for a week now here and it looks really good.

Regards, soma