[Olsr-dev] invalidate node links

Clemens Hopfer (spam-protected)
Thu Nov 3 16:56:31 CET 2011

Hi,

On Thursday 03 November 2011 11:07:53 Giovanni Di Stasi wrote:
> > as setting the same bssid on different channels, is no good idea, but
> > afaic some people do it for simplicity,..
>
> Why do you think is not a good idea?

we did some test here in Vienna a few weeks ago regarding this.

What we have seen is that most chipsets (atheros and broadcom) are switching
channel if they have no connection yet and can see the bssid of their network
on an other channel, even if you set your channel manually.

So what will happen is that the first router will set the channel and every
other router will switch and camp on this channel too.

Clemens