[Olsr-dev] invalidate node links

Giovanni Di Stasi (spam-protected)
Thu Nov 3 11:07:53 CET 2011

Il 03/11/2011 10:55, Markus Kittenberger ha scritto:

> On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 10:47 AM, Giovanni Di Stasi <(spam-protected) <mailto:(spam-protected)>> wrote:
>
>     Il 31/10/2011 18:53, Markus Kittenberger ha scritto:
>>

>>     On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 4:02 PM, Giovanni Di Stasi <(spam-protected) <mailto:(spam-protected)>> wrote:
>>
>>         Il 30/09/2011 10:55, Markus Kittenberger ha scritto:
>>>         olsrd would drop all links if u take the interface down and not changing its channel while it stays (logically) up all the time.
>>>
>>>         ip link set down dev wlan0
>>>         iwconfig wlan0 channel x
>>>         ip link set up dev wlan0
>>>
>>>         maybe iwconfig does not work on an downed interface (depends on the wlan driver), than swap order of line 2 and 3,.
>>>

>>         I have done the following that seems to help a bit:
>>
>>         iwconfig wlan0 channel X
>>
>>     hmm dont you have different bssids on your channels?
>     Yes, I do. I don't set the bssid, but just the essid and the channels.
>

> thats mostly fine (as long as u do not suffer from bssid splits)
> (thats why i would recommend setting bssid)
fortunately I am not seeing bssid splits...

>     Why do you ask that?
>

> as setting the same bssid on different channels, is no good idea, but afaic some people do it for simplicity,..
Why do you think is not a good idea?

> Markus
>
> p.s. regarding window, afair there are (besides message interval) no (configuration) tuneables in actual linksensing
>
> but how long does it need for you until a new link is symmetric?

It takes something like 35-40s (which leads to something like 40s for a UDP connection to recover and 52s for a TCP connection).
The idea was to tune the parameters to show that it was possible to speed up the link establishment.

Thanks,
Giovanni