[Olsr-dev] invalidate node links

Markus Kittenberger (spam-protected)
Thu Nov 3 10:55:08 CET 2011

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 10:47 AM, Giovanni Di Stasi <
(spam-protected)> wrote:

> **
> Il 31/10/2011 18:53, Markus Kittenberger ha scritto:
>

> On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 4:02 PM, Giovanni Di Stasi <
> (spam-protected)> wrote:
>
>>  Il 30/09/2011 10:55, Markus Kittenberger ha scritto:
>>
>> olsrd would drop all links if u take the interface down and not changing
>> its channel while it stays (logically) up all the time.
>>
>>  ip link set down dev wlan0
>> iwconfig wlan0 channel x
>> ip link set up dev wlan0
>>
>>  maybe iwconfig does not work on an downed interface (depends on the
>> wlan driver), than swap order of line 2 and 3,.
>>

>>  I have done the following that seems to help a bit:
>>
>> iwconfig wlan0 channel X
>>
> hmm dont you have different bssids on your channels?
>
> Yes, I do. I don't set the bssid, but just the essid and the channels.

thats mostly fine (as long as u do not suffer from bssid splits)
(thats why i would recommend setting bssid)

Why do you ask that?

as setting the same bssid on different channels, is no good idea, but afaic
some people do it for simplicity,..

Markus

p.s. regarding window, afair there are (besides message interval) no
(configuration) tuneables in actual linksensing

but how long does it need for you until a new link is symmetric?