[Olsr-dev] [Olsr-commit] OLSR.org main repository branch, GSOC, updated. OLSRD_0_6_1_fixed-33-gd7b6715

Henning (spam-protected)
Sat Jun 25 22:52:08 CEST 2011

On Saturday 25 June 2011 21:05:30 Benson wrote:
> Hi, I'm Benson. I am hoping to get up to speed on mesh networks and help
> out if I can.
>
> I can't help thinking the worst case scenario is that some unsavory person
> makes a seemingly innocuous commit that introduces a backdoor or other
> security flaw which they can then exploit in real-world installations of
> olsrd. I think this is unlikely, but if I owned the repository I'd give it
> serious consideration.
How would limited write commit change this?

The amount of changes in the repository is small enough that we know what is
going on. So either we see the "innocent backdoor" or we don't see it. I don't
think it really matters who does push the commit.

Its different for projects where you have more commits than a single person
wants to read..

Henning rogge