[Olsr-dev] Possible to fix errors in git repo?

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Wed Jun 15 08:32:54 CEST 2011

> the way to fix this is to export and re-import the entire tree.
> however, every commit id will change, which is kind of not-so-nice since
> the tree is public

I did some tests with a number of local trees and noticed another problem.

I imported the olsr.org tree (to have a "olsr.org repository" to experiment
with), then cloned it locally.

I then replaced the content of the local olsr.org repository with the fixed
content from Aaron Daubmans github repository... no fsck errors anymore there.

Then I pulled from the cloned client... git did it without a warning, and did
a merge with the new stable branch.

This means the client repository now contains the good AND the bad commits.

When the client pushs, the bad commits are inside the olsr.org repository
again!

Henning Rogge
--
Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE