[Olsr-dev] [IMPORTANT FOR ALL GIT USERS] Re: Possible to fix errors in git repo?

Ferry Huberts (spam-protected)
Mon Jun 13 18:04:14 CEST 2011

On 06/13/2011 03:07 PM, Henning wrote:
> On Monday 13 June 2011 14:29:26 Ferry Huberts wrote:
>> the way to fix this is to export and re-import the entire tree.

export, fix export, re-import
(have done it before to fix some trees)

>> however, every commit id will change, which is kind of not-so-nice since
>> the tree is public
>
> I will try to get some feedback from the other developers...
>
> Is someone here an the list who would like to state his opinion about this ?
>
> Henning

I think it would be nice to fix it, but have no real opinion on it.

I also have these errors (warnings really, they're harmless) because my
server does a fsck and repack every month. I just ignore them.

So for me it's +1 because it gets rid of my monthly fsck cron email but
it's -1 for me because all commit id's will change.

my 2 cents :-)
--
Ferry Huberts