[Olsr-dev] Possible to fix errors in git repo?

Henning (spam-protected)
Sat Jun 11 01:51:28 CEST 2011

On Friday 10 June 2011 20:35:55 Aaron Daubman wrote:
> I'm not sure if the author/committer "missing space before email"
> errors are ignored, or if the "bad date" simply causes it to fail
> before getting to those.
>
> Not a huge problem, but would ease making use of the OLSRd git repo,
> especially for those of us not contributing directly to the core but
> working out possible future contributions in our own sandboxes. (in
> this case, pushing the original repo up to our own central repo is
> very useful - we can maintain history and update the core olsrd from
> your repo, while also maintaining our separate additions.)
I must admit I don't know a way to fix this.

The bad date commit has been in 2009, during the 0.5.6 releases. It seems
Markus had a malfunctioning git client at this time.

But we cannot remove them from the repository, because every later commit is
based on them.

Do you have any suggestion ?