[Olsr-dev] mac80211 / link-bandwith from userland forcostcalculation / plugin

Teco Boot (spam-protected)
Mon Sep 13 22:34:39 CEST 2010

I tested the LC plugin from Eric Tromp quite a while ago.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/olsr-lc/
Nice features are:
 - high speed cabled link takes precedence over WLAN
 - high speed links  (often more reliable) takes precedence over lower speed (often more lossy) links
Problems were:
 - bugs in old OLSR, now I use fresh 0.6.0 (stable:-)
 - lazy LC, convergence takes ~10 minutes
I decided to postpone work on it. First, we must get metric exchange right (OLSRv2, following RFC's).
Then, we should use L2 metrics, if available (data rate, RSSI), and use OLSR packet loss (ETX) as fall-back.
Within grey zone boundary, data rate / RSSI are important. Then, at lower rates, OLSR packet loss is becoming more important.
Data rate measurement is dependent on unicast trafic (user traffic?), which may be problematic.
In all cases, dampening / hysteresis is crucial.
And we have to think about triggered TC updates.
(sound like goodies under Christmas tree...)

Teco

Op 13 sep 2010, om 17:24 heeft Markus Kittenberger het volgende geschreven: