[Olsr-dev] mac80211 / link-bandwith from userland for costcalculation / plugin

Rogge Henning (spam-protected)
Mon Sep 13 13:47:23 CEST 2010

> > Not before I get the OLSRv2 code up and running... unfortunately my
>
> Another approach would be the leave this stuff open (i would
> do some /bin/sh -ash-magic) and simple read
>
> /tmp/olsrd/$REMOTEIP/lqmult
> (which is a simple textfile, e.g. "0.1")
I don't think this would work well, because we can only encode a range of 0-255 for LQ/NLQ. If you combine the link loss with the link bandwidth, you need a different encoding with more range.

> after invoking e.g. "kill -SIGUSR1 pidolsr".
>
> So we can make some tuning with lq-params.
> (raise the cost for slow links and lower costs for fast links)
You could write a metric plugin that reads the bandwith from any kind of interface and combine it with the link loss to generate LQ/NLQ. No need for some "lq-params" hack. I would be glad if this parameter will be unnecessary in future versions because of better metric plugins.

Henning Rogge

--
Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE