[Olsr-dev] MainIp and SrcIpRoutes do not work

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Mon Sep 6 10:05:41 CEST 2010

On Mon September 6 2010 09:42:10 Teco Boot wrote:
> Op 5 sep 2010, om 09:46 heeft Henning Rogge het volgende geschreven:
> > I think the best way in the future might be to configure ALL olsr
> > interfaces with the same net-global IP (the OLSR main IP) and use the
> > linklocal IPs for connecting the neighbor nodes. This should work, but
> > it needs more testing.
>
> This is against the IPv6 model. Interfaces have unique addresses.
> Same link-local address assigned to multiple interfaces is no problem.
Hmm... ok.

> Using MainIP on a loopback interface, and use it as main address, will do.
> Or use MainIP on whatever interface. Problem on this would be an interface
> down condition, this would disable the MainIP.
I will test this on my VMs... just using linklocal-IPs on the interfaces and
one global-unique address on the localhost interface would be a great way to
configure an OLSR node.

So IPv6 packets with a global-unique scope destination address would choose
the localhost global unique IP as their source address ?

Henning Rogge

--
Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE