[Olsr-dev] [Olsr-users] OLSRd release 0.6.1

Holger Levsen (spam-protected)
Sun Nov 28 18:13:29 CET 2010

Hi,

On Sonntag, 28. November 2010, Henning Rogge wrote:
> 0.6.1 could be called 0.5.6-r10...

:-)

How big is the diffstat? Can you explain all of the changes? (And anyway,
before we even think of trying to squeeze this into squeeze, we need it in
sid.)

> 0.6.0 had some new features (smartgateway and niit support), but you could
> change the default settings of OLSRd to switch them off on default, so
> there is not that many functional changes between 0.5.6 and 0.6.1.

ok

> Maybe it would be a good idea to put the necessary files to create a .deb
> file into our repository. I think most of the patches in the debian
> creation could be replaced by a few variables set in the deb-makefile.
>
> This would make it easier to test OLSRd on debian because everyone could
> create a .deb file.

I certainly would love to get rid of the patches first.

Oh, and what I forgot in my mail mostly targeted at Erik: I wouldn't mind
switching from svn on alioth to git on alioth :)

> > > AND are saying in the desription that OLSRd is still an
> > > experimental protocol, so you should not run it without debug output in
> > > the console.
> > A bug report about this would have been appreciated.
> I noticed it this week when I looked through the state of the debian/ubuntu
> OLSRd repository.

I've just committed this change:

  unik-olsrd is an implementation of the Optimized Link State Routing protocol
  for Mobile Ad-Hoc networks(MANET). The protocol is described in RFC3626. It
- is designed to be run as a standalone server process - but as it is still in
- an experimental stage most users will prefer running it with some debug
- output which is directed to STDOUT.
+ is designed to be run as a standalone server process.

cheers,
	Holger