[Olsr-dev] [Olsr-users] OLSRd release 0.6.1

Markus Kittenberger (spam-protected)
Sun Nov 28 17:36:42 CET 2010

On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 3:53 PM, Holger Levsen <(spam-protected)>wrote:

> Hi Henning, hi *,
>
> On Sonntag, 28. November 2010, Henning Rogge wrote:
> > I tried to contact Holger Levsen for 0.6.0 too, but without much success.
> > think I will write a mail to a general debian mailing list next week,
> it's
> > really a shame that Debian (even testing and unstable) are still on
> > 0.5.6.r7
>
> And thats
> also why I want squeeze to be released with olsrd (0.5.6.r7), to have a
> upgrade path.

So you prefer releasing squeeze with an more than one year old olsrd
version, containing several severe bugs? #0

and like henning already said: 0.6.1 is infact 0.5.6-r10, as we changed our
numbering scheme,..

0.6.0 is not based on the development branch, as all previous 0.5.x versions
did.
0.6.0 continues to use the same codebase as 0.5.6 (i.e. our stable branch)
(that's also why 0.6.0 was released without any release-candidates,..)

Markus

#0 some highlights
0.5.6-r7 has like memory leaks
it does in fact not work with kernel 2.6.31 or newer (because the kernel
interface changed)
it has bugs that destroy olsrd internal routing database (regarding hna and
neighbours/links)
and it was hardly useable with IPv6