[Olsr-dev] Poor routing performance

Markus Kittenberger (spam-protected)
Wed Nov 10 15:54:38 CET 2010

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 2:54 PM, Mitar <(spam-protected)> wrote:

>  Hi!
>
> On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 11:07 AM, Markus Kittenberger
> <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> > Yes it does so ,.. (definitely on bsd/mac and windows, and partly on
> linux)
>
> You do retry on EINTR/EAGAIN?

I do not *G

hmm i don`t really know the bsd routing code,..

but the os-unspecific routing code has no support, for try again,..

as it does not even look at the return code of olsr_add_kernel_route(rt); =
olsr_ioctl_add_route(rt)

so the os-specific code gets only one chance to do its job,.. (it might
immediately retry (or do whatever) before it returns, but that`s it,..)

one reason for this ist that it would get a bit complicated, to handle
failure on this level
as there are dependencies between route changes (e.g. routes dependencies on
already existing singlehop-route to their gateway)

> We were getting "resource temporarily unavailable" with one iptables
> daemon (captive portal) on this small boxes. And it solved all
> problems we had. ;-)

but here we got "already exists" error  ,..

Markus