[Olsr-dev] openwrt / olsr / makefile

ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto) (spam-protected)
Wed Nov 10 15:41:40 CET 2010

> we use the "stable" olsrd in our city-mesh,
> but is has so many protocol-errors...do you
> think it is possible to switch to trunk or
> update to a newer version?
>
> especially that INFINITE-links remain in
> routing-table (and 1hop!) is very annoying...

Hello,

right now OLSR in the OpenWRT packages feed:
https://dev.openwrt.org/browser/packages/net/olsrd/Makefile

is at the latest stable release ! the development branch is not stable
at all and I would not recommend to use it in a production mesh.

if you have bugs with version 0.6.0 please report them here
http://olsr.org/bugs/
so we can fix in 0.6.1

Another option is to use this external feed:
http://svn.ninux.org/svn/ninuxdeveloping/packages/olsrd-ninux/

this one will compile for you the latest git checkout from the stable branch
(I know several bugs have been fixed here, especially for IPv6)

Saverio