[Olsr-dev] Poor routing performance

Mitar (spam-protected)
Tue Nov 9 08:33:18 CET 2010

Hi!

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 8:01 AM, Henning Rogge
<(spam-protected)> wrote:
> @Mitar: Do you have knowledge about setting/removing routes in BSD/OSX ? We
> could really use someone who can look at the BSD routing code and give it a
> cleanup, similar to the one of the linux routing code in 0.6.0.

I know that in practice things do not work. ;-)

So the problem is that by default you can have only one route to a
destination. Nice example of this is how OLSR fails to adds a default
route if one is already in-place. And restoring old routes is also a
beautiful job. As we use VPN a lot in our network it is pure joy to
combine OLSR + VPN + default route uplink (DHCP) to work together,
because each is setting its own routes.

But I do not know how this should be done in a proper way.

Mitar