[Olsr-dev] Poor routing performance

Octav Chipara (spam-protected)
Tue Nov 9 07:32:46 CET 2010

Dear Mitar,

According to the routing table, there should be a direct route from .62 (my
laptop) to .81:

192.168.1.81     0.000  1.000/1.000    1.000

However, when I do a route get .81, it says that it goes through .61.
Pinging .81 fails (no packets get sent), after I stop OLSR and flush the
routing table, I get 100% link quality to .81. I wonder if somehow some of
the routes do not get updated properly. The strange error "Cannot write to
routing socket: (rtm_errno= 0x0) (last error message: File exists)" may be
an indication that is happening, though I do not know enough about OLSR to
say for sure.

Thanks,
-- Octav