[Olsr-dev] ETX mambo jambo

Sven-Ola Tuecke (spam-protected)
Tue May 11 08:17:31 CEST 2010

Hi Mitar,

what a long mail. Academics concentrate on algorithms, while nerds concentrate
on make-anything-new-from-scratch. They both underestimate network layer-8
and time. From my perspective these are the most critical variables:

- Motivation (layer 8)
- Documentation (or the lack of, mostly layer 8)
- Willingness to work together (layer 8 but also a timing prob)
- Environment (e.g. size of free spectrum chunk, layer 8)
- Deployment (long term prob, time)

Besides that: you are right. Add LinkQualityAlgorithm "etx_ffeth" to your
config.

// Sven-Ola

Am Montag 10 Mai 2010 21:24:55 schrieb Mitar:
> Hi!
>
> Probably a lot on this topic has already been written but ETX is
> really badly conceptualized and it really does not properly influence
> routing decisions.
[snip]