[Olsr-dev] ETX mambo jambo

Daniel Nitzpon (spam-protected)
Mon May 10 23:08:06 CEST 2010

hi mitar!

some very brief remarks:

- olsr is/will become modular with metric-plug-ins (see list archive).
- etx works by addition because it is trying to reflect the expectation
value for total transmissions of a packet under the assumption that only
local 802.11 retransmissions occur, no server/client TCP/IP retransmissions.
- your full/half-duplex-differentiation does make sense as a category.
however i don't see an easy way to auto-detect which links falls into
which category. if you have to decide it manually, there is no
difference to using an ethernet/backbone-flag.

greetz,
daniel