[Olsr-dev] Bug in nameservice plugin - When OLSR started with interfaces down main addr is not later updated on ifup

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Mon May 3 21:17:58 CEST 2010

Am Montag 03 Mai 2010 21:13:23 schrieb Sven-Ola Tuecke:
> Hi Henning,
>
> looked in the code that writes the latlon.js file. Written by me AFAICR.
> There is no good solution for a hanging reader/consument of the oipe.
> Besides changeing the API e.g. from pipe to socket or similar. For that
> reason I expect no change in OLSRD on that issue.
I think the problem is that the file is locked, so we have to wait... right ?

What would be if we get the write access to the latlon.js file nonblocking and
just skip writing the file if it blocks, only to try it later again ? This way
a blocked file would not freeze the whole routing agent.

1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.
— The Laws of Thermodynamics, summarized