[Olsr-dev] [WLANware] Porting Freifunk to netbooks

L. Aaron Kaplan (spam-protected)
Tue Mar 23 10:38:13 CET 2010

On Mar 23, 2010, at 10:02 AM, Sean Swezey wrote:

> I wanted to get started on this with Freifunk because they are a sponsor for the Google Summer of Code, and this was one of the suggestions. I feel a working GUI for OLSR on Freifunk would easily translate into something which could be incorporated into OLSR at a later time; however, the focus for the summer project would be getting a netbook interface to OLSR and seemless integration into a Freifunk mesh network. Unfortunately, (for me in regards to GSoC), the OLSR mailing list is much more interested in this than the original sponsor. Any help, or pointing in the right direction would greatly be appreciated.

Well, let's put it like this: I believe it should be possible to do this *as a Freifunk GSoC* project if you want this (someone from Freifunk would have to agree and be your mentor I guess). Freifunk will profit a lot from this IMHO. Freifunk uses OLSR in their networks (and to some extents also B.A.T.M.A.N. of course). It is just that - for OLSR - the technical discussion is handled on the OLSR mailing list.

Of course, many people from Freifunk are also subscribed to the OLSR mailing lists .

In other words: I see no problem :) Do it as a Freifunk project!

a.