[Olsr-dev] olsrd dynamic hna

Vasilis Tsiligiannis (spam-protected)
Mon Jun 28 12:15:19 CEST 2010

On Sunday 27 of June 2010 00:03:25 Gioacchino Mazzurco wrote:
> Hey all!
> In  our network in Pisa we need an olsrd plugin that permit adding/removing
> hna at runtime without restart olsrd nor writing on olsrd.conf, at moment
> we thinked a very basic way, write the hna on a file like /tmp/dynHna and
> simply read the file every 5 seconds to check for change, but i think there
> is a better way to permit dynamic han configuration someone can help us?

Hello,

Another approach is to use the OLSRd Quagga plugin. Quagga plugin has the
ability to add and delete HNA routes at runtime through commands from a UNIX
or TCP socket. You just need to create a program or use netcat swiss army
knife to send the 'add' and 'remove' packets to the plugin.

Regards,
--
Vasilis Tsiligiannis