[Olsr-dev] Question about running olsrd in the android emulator.

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Tue Jun 22 09:50:45 CEST 2010

On Tue June 22 2010 02:42:32 Charles Boyd wrote:
> Hi Everybody!
>
> I am trying to get olsrd to compile and run on an emulated Android 1.5
> device (through SDK in Linux), guided by the description Sven-Ola gave here
> (http://lists.olsr.org/pipermail/olsr-dev/2009-September/003283.html) for
> running olsrd on his rooted Samsung Galaxy.
>
> However, I unable to get olsr to compile for android on its own. I think
> the problem might be that in the android makefile
> ("olsrd/make/Makefile.android"), the NDK path is set to
> "/usr/src/android-ndk-1.5-r1" which does not work when trying to compile
> with newer versions of NDK. In fact, most of the paths set in
> Makefile.android do not work with any other versions of the NDK.
>
> It seems that Google does not keep an archive of previous NDK releases.
>
> This leads to two basic questions:
>
> (1) Is it possible to test olsrd in the emulator? Will root be a problem?
>
> (2) What is the easiest way to get olsrd to compile for android under the
> current NDK?
The current stable should work directly on Android... unfortunately the
makefile has still to be ported to the development tree:

make OS=android DEBUG=0 build_all

Henning Rogge
--
Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE