[Olsr-dev] SOURCE_IP_ROUTES patch and router-id

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Thu Jan 28 15:07:00 CET 2010

On Thu January 28 2010 15:04:49 Jernej Kos wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-01-28 at 14:54 +0100, Henning Rogge wrote:
> > > But doesn't olsrd just ignore loopback interfaces and as such would not
> > > consider it for primary IP selection ?
> >
> > OLSRd does not touch the traffic itself, it just sets kernel routes. So
> > you just have to make sure that your IP stack does not drop the incoming
> > IP traffic.
>
> Yes but if the primary IP changes then olsrd will change the source IP
> for newly inserted routes (as it gets it from primary IP that it selects
> among configured interfaces that are up - at least that is how I see it
> in kernel_routes.c) ?
The primary IP of OLSRd (both recent 0.5.6 and development code) is choosen at
startup and does NEVER change. Unless we forgot some "change it" code in
0.5.6.

Henning Rogge

--
Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE