[Olsr-dev] OLSRd 0.5.6-R8

Holger Levsen (spam-protected)
Wed Jan 20 12:36:46 CET 2010

Hi Henning,

On Mittwoch, 20. Januar 2010, Henning Rogge wrote:
> Do you think we shall create a third revision of the tarball ? Or just
> correct the problem in the next release ?

I think I tend to "yes", because else I would need to regenerate a dfsg-free
(read: without those binaries) tarball to upload to Debian... which I think
is worse then having a third revision.

(I'd probably would have called the 2nd revision 0.5.6-r8-2 or such anyway but
thats a different matter.)

> > W: olsrd: manpage-has-errors-from-man usr/share/man/man5/olsrd.conf.5.gz
> >  99: warning: macro `T<' not d efined
>
> That's strange, because this file did not change between R7 and R8.

According to
http://lintian.debian.org/maintainer/holger%40debian.org.html#olsrd
this was already present in R7 :)

http://lintian.debian.org/tags/manpage-has-errors-from-man.html explains how
to fix it, in case you dont know.

> > Last but not least, the Debian package contains 7 patches, of which
> > I believe some should be integrated upstream as well. Please take a look
> > at http://patch-tracker.debian.org/package/olsrd/0.5.6-r7-1 (and tell me
> > which you've taken so I can remove those patches).
> I will look at them.

Thank you.

cheers,
	Holger