[Olsr-dev] olsr 0.5.6-r8 ipv6 multicast

Alina Friedrichsen (spam-protected)
Thu Feb 11 00:56:21 CET 2010

Hi John,

thanks for your bug report.

> I agree with the direction, I just wish we did it a few years ago. :-)

Yes, the dual socket patch was needed for work. Without it the kernel
selects automatically the link-local as sender address, but for the
OLSRv1 protocol the MID address needed or it will not work.

> Any reason why we do not use the link-local address for the source
> address? It would simplify the code in bsd/kernel_routes.c. :-)

See above.

> Hmm so if ff02::6d is actually where we want to go, I'll skip ff02::1 and
> go directly there. No reason to move our networks twice. :-)

ACK.

> Any ideas on
> how to move a network and minimize disruption? :-)

Not really. It was the last chance to change/correct it. This was the
reason why I have written this patch.

> > Yes, that might be the case. Don't use anything beyond linklocal scope for the
> > OLSR multicast IP.
>
> Its been running like that for years, with no harm done. :-)

What? Do you run the olsrd with a link-local as MID?

Regards
Alina